All 11 girls were different sizes so I bought Simplicity 5582 pattern and used the largest size I could. I decided that elastic was going to be my favorite way to fit all the girls with a one size pattern.
I made ties to match the skirts to give a little pop of color to the vests. I didn't really want to spend money on grommets for 11 vests but in the end I decided that it would look the best.
Friday was a sewing party at my house with time running against me. My mom hemmed all the skirts from the measurements that I had taken the previous week. I sewed vests all day, instead of lining the vests I made my own bias tape for the sleeves, hem and top. That night while the kids were at the last home football game we continued to hem and sew while I recruited my husband on grommets and my girlfriend finishing up all the ironing.
We lucked out! Out of 11 costumes only 2 vests needed some adjustments. The skirts were a perfect length for all the girls and the shirts were perfect. This was a huge accomplishment for me to be able to sew 11 (33 pieces in all) costumes in 2 weeks. What a rewarding experience! Now time to go get caught up on everything that is on my own back burner.