Christmas Runners

First off I have to show off the wonderful bundles of fabrics I won from Victoria Findlay Wolfe at Bumble Beans Inc.. It was a month ago and like usual blogging takes a back seat to my life. :(

Photo from Victoria Findlay Wolfe
 
The fabric is from Newcastle Fabrics. I love it! Victoria is a busy women always sewing and quilting gorgeous quilts. She has a new book called 15 Minutes Of Play along with a blog hop thats finishing up on the 10th. Go check out the hop here. Can't wait to make either a quilt top or some bright pillows for my girls. Thanks Victoria!
 
On to Christmas sewing. My sewing machine also doubles as an embroidery machine and every once in awhile I'll add embroidery to plain pieces. I added some bells and a beautiful wreath to a table runner to jazz it up. I bought 6 9 ft. long table runners at Pottery Barn a few years ago and have been slowly shortening them to 4 1/2 ft. and making them into seasonal runners. This is the rest of my stash of table runners. 

 

I'd love to tell you where I got these gorgeous embroideries but I downloaded so many pieces when I first received my machine 12 years ago that I didn't keep track. I love the simplicity of these motifs and how delicate they look.

 
No one said I was a photographer and you can certainly tell in these pictures. This one is in my family room on our coffee table. I think our friends are afraid to set anything on them because they still continue to use coasters!
 
The next runner I got the idea off Pinterest. Just like the pillow from Pinterest I straight stitched around the pieces. Not the best idea! I have since washed it and of course fabric frayed and pieces came apart. I have now gone back and zig zagged all around to make it secure and tight. Lesson learned - don't straight stitch applique you'll be re-doing your piece!


 
This table runner is laying on our buffett in the diningroom. I can never get enough of Christmas (except at Halloween)! It's my favorite holiday of the year!
 
 
Have a Great Day!

 
 

Comments

  1. I love the fabrics Judy, have never come across them before but I think I should be checking them out.
    Your embroidered table runners are lovely, I am sure your friends just want to sit back and admire them instead of covering them up with cups and plates!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The stockings were hung ...

Birthday Table Runner

Homecoming