Forward


Forward. I've thought about what I want this year to be and what I want to do with my little blog (that I've neglected), my little company and my life. Last time I wrote I was rediscovering my sewing skills and venturing into what I had called Sew.Rip.Repeat. That was 5 years ago!! Now I go by RJ Ward Design and I've ventured from sewing to painting personalized signs, etching stainless steel and glass, using heat transfer vinyl to apply designs to clothing and also adding embroidery to shirts, towels, totes and other items.  There's still sewing and quilting going on but lately not quite as much as I would like.

Let's go back to Forward. I've survived the death of my oldest daughter, Shelby, a year ago and when thinking of words that I wanted to focus on for my little company and my life I knew what I didn't want. For not having a word for 2018 I used quite a few. Words that come to mind are Healing, Recovery, Bravery, Strong, Courage, Prayer, Heart, Family, Friends and Love. I used those words daily without even having to think about it. Some of those words will still be with me all through my life because that's what happens when we lose a child. It's always going to be our story every day. So why forward? I need to get back into the daily ways of life. Lots of things have been neglected this past year and I need to get them back. They used to make me happy. I need to be happy again so if I don't move forward I won't be able to enjoy those little things that I loved. I need to move forward with this little blog and try to remember I love creating and writing. People say I have a way with words and this way I might be able to inspire someone like me into getting back on the horse. Writing might even give me comfort on days that I just don't want to move forward. That's all right too. I need to move my little business forward. I've gotten my feet wet which scared me to death but now it's time to just jump in. Time to put more effort into creating and showing that RJ Ward Design has a lot to offer. I love when customers message me that they have an idea and we go from there. There can never be 2 items that are exactly the same somewhere else (unless they ordered it) because this is their story and they are the only ones that can tell it.

So as we move forward into 2019 lets remember that every step we make might not be a walk in the park. There will be struggles to get them moving in the right direction. We might even have to walk backward just a little to get back on track and that's okay too. So let's move forward together.

 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Birthday Table Runner

The stockings were hung ...

Homecoming