Endings & Beginnings

When I decided that my February finish was going to be my longest Work in Progress I knew that I was going to be treading waters I've never done before. I put on my Walking Foot or what mine is referred to as a Dual Feed Foot and decided diagonals would be the way to go. I'd show you a close up but it's quite scary how stitching in the ditch was really to the left or right of a seam. I used my invisible marker and drew the lines so I'd have some sort of direction but even the best laid plans veer off the beaten path.

I also followed Lori's Binding Tutorial since I've never done that before either. I will say one thing that these finishes have me learning and doing things I've never done before. The binding went on quite smoothly. My corners aren't quite the picture perfect seam but I've accomplished something that really makes me proud.

 
And then the back . . .
 
 
I'm so happy with my end result.
 
I've been so tempted to try a block from the Scrappy Trips Around The World! I decided I'd use the fabric I won from Lynne of Kansas Troubles Quilters and her line of Sandhill Plums by Moda. I actually made 2 blocks but this is one of them. Once I knew how to do the first one the second one went by quite quickly.
 
 
I won quite a few scraps so we'll see how big I can get this. My daughter was quite bummed that the Wreath was just a small table size and something that she could not wrap her body around. Hopefully this will do the trick. 
 

 
Have a Great Day!

 
 

Comments

  1. Judy your wreath quilt looks fabulous, the quilting is really the icing on the cake.

    Haven't seen that binding tutorial before will have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your wreath Judy and you'll have fun with the scrappy world blocks!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great finish. And yes the next project should be able to be used all around.

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The stockings were hung ...

Birthday Table Runner

Homecoming