Embroidery

I almost forgot how much I loved turning plain, boring items into beautiful, personalized objects with my embroidery machine. Three years ago I was on the internet dreaming of making money and doing what I love to do - sewing. Then of course I got called into sub as a paraprofessional long term and life just happened. I was working everyday, taking care of my family, watching the economy tumble and turning my interests into other things that would help my family save money. Soon I also found the world of blogging and all the interesting things that people do with a sewing machine and the embroidery attachment to my machine ended up getting packed up in a box. Fast forward 3 years later and all of a sudden people found out about my hidden embroidery attachment.


I'm now getting requests to embroider names on small suitcases, purses, backbacks and towels. These bags are for a teacher at the school I work at for her bridesmaids, flower girl and ring bearer. Love how they turned out. The light isn't the greatest since I have no clue how to really take pictures well but you get the jest!

Her wedding is in April and her wedding party have the perfect gift that they will be able to use for a long time. Love these!

For another teacher at school she wanted to do towels for Christmas. This has become my signature item. I've done 7 for her already with word of mouth spreading like a wildfire it looks like I'll have more in the next few weeks. Yes I'm still working full time, taking care of my house and family, managing a stricter budget by couponing with smart shopping strategies and now the sewing/embroidery that I've really always loved to do is starting to make a comeback. Hopefully I'll be back sooner than the last time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The stockings were hung ...

Birthday Table Runner

Homecoming