Cardinal Pillow


Quite a few years ago I tried my hand at Needle Punch Embroidery. I've had this cardinal laying around finished (along with tons of other projects) deciding what I was going to do with it. At first my initial idea was to frame it. I have a mat cutter but to be honest I have no idea how to use the darn thing. When I was on a sewing/crafting binge it finally came to me just to make a pillow. I have enough cross-stitch pictures hanging and even some that need to be hung and finished.


The hard part was already done. I had already blanket stitched the Cardinal to the red felt. I had in my stash of fabric that nice green fleece that just happened to match perfectly. I made the pillow into an envelope style so when the holidays were over I can go back to the original pillow that matches the chairs.

I love this pillow! I really think I need to make 2012 the year of finishing up all my projects that I have started, framing all the cross-stitch pictures that I've taken the time to stitch and to learn new skills and become a better crafter/sewer. I think I'm on to something. I need to make a list.

Have a wonderful New Year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The stockings were hung ...

Birthday Table Runner

Homecoming