Stockings Were Hung

It all started with my 14 year old son stating the fact that our dog Bailey and everyone else for that matter had a bigger stocking than him and how much he'd like a new one for Christmas.

I found a pattern on Embroidery Library's Project page for a Rag Quilt Stocking. I really didn't want to go that route but I did want the pattern piece to trace my fabric onto. I went through all my fabric stash that I've bought including 4 yards of neutral canvas I got at a thrift store, various other Christmas fabrics that I've had for years, and remnants that I've purchased.
I used the canvas for the cuff and lining because I wanted the stockings to be stiff without using interfacing. I used my embroidery machine and embroidered all our names before I did any stitching. Can you tell which one is our dog's? My daughter loved that fabric and actually wanted it for her stocking but she got the red printed snowman instead. The boys got the army print.

It's so nice to have all our stockings in uniform size. I learned a lot on this journey of making our own stockings without technically having a pattern. The hardest part for me was adding the cuff, which was a separate piece to the base and then adding a lining.


So what started out as making Justin a larger stocking turned into
everyone getting new stockings!

Merry Christmas!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The stockings were hung ...

Birthday Table Runner

Homecoming