Sampler of Sewing

Wow a year has passed since I've written anything on this little old blog of mine. Not to say I haven't been sewing, just not with as much gusto! I'm now a permanent Paraprofessional working with elementary children with disabilities so blogging and sewing has taken a backseat.

Here's just a highlight of only a handful of items I have sewn.

 
Starting in the top left corner and moving to the right. Last spring I was back making costumes for my son's school, this time it was Indian costumes for Peter Pan. My son was the lead as Peter Pan and it was such a treat! The 3rd photo is a WIP, Amy Butler Weekend Bag. I'm doing the quilt-as-you-go method and I just need to start assembling the bag. The pillows were Christmas presents for my girls. I loved Vanessa Christenson's Wonky Star Quilt & Pillow so I just did my own version with a 9-patch. I've made almost a dozen of  Noodlehead's Gathered Clutches. I added a strap and passed them out as gifts for nieces and friends. The tree is a 6-1/2" paper-pieced block that I was playing with from a pattern I received from a friend. I've started the Aurifil Block of the Month and made the first block with 2 jelly rolls of Cameo by Amy Butler I had won from Flamingo Toes. Swoon! Who doesn't love this block? Mine is smaller than the original pattern. The bright blue was from the fabric I had from dresses I made for Spamalot last fall. I'm hoping to make more blocks with the other bright colors from that play. The last two pictures is my biggest project of all time and a huge WIP. I had won a big bag full of scraps from Kansas Troubles Quilters. I played with that fabric and arranged them in color for many, many months before I finally decided the Scrappy Trip Along would be the best fit for all the fabric. I think in all I've made over 42 blocks. My goal is to make two twin size tops.

So sewing is being done but just not trying to make it my #1 priority and writing about it. I'm not even digging out my camera to take top-notch photos but using my Ipod because it's within reach at the time.

I just finished my version of Vanessa Christenson's Heart Quilt using batiks that I had and lots of 1-1/2" HST's! I love it! Here's a sneak-peek!

 

Have a Great Day!

 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The stockings were hung ...

Birthday Table Runner

Homecoming