Recycled Christmas Cards

Update: I won the CSI Project's Pick of the Week! I'm so thrilled!




If I see something that I really like I tend to hoard file it away for a later project. That is the case with the 2 Christmas Cards below. The boating picture was received by my husband's aunt and uncle many, many years ago. Since we have a cottage and love to boat it just seemed appropriate to keep this card. This card turned into something special when I opened it before I started this project to realize that my husband's uncle has been gone for over 10 years. It now holds even more special meaning to us.




The snowman and little boy was a picture that I just thought was the cutest card. Don't all children feel that sense of connection when they have finished making the most memorable of snowmen.

I finally had my husband cut out a piece of oak that he had in his garage to the appropriate size for my cards. I wanted the wood to be a little bigger than the card. At first he just brought me the piece of wood so I had to con ask him nicely to please stain my wood.



I bought some Mod Podge because that is what I remember as a little girl people using to glue pieces of paper to anything. Little did I know there are alot of people who love this stuff. My very first piece I spread the stuff on the wood and layed the card on top.


Little did I know that it sticks really well. It took me a few tries to get it centered so it wasn't that noticeable. I think I've put at least 5 coats on top of the cards.


I was a little nervous after the first coat. I didn't want the brush strokes to be seen. I waited at least a half hour between coats just to make sure that the Mod Podge dried.



I am so glad that I tend to save items for future use. My mom saw my Snowman card and commented how she has those cards. Again another memory that we will have. I'm so excited to bring my 2 Christmas Cards out every year and be reminded of such wonderful people who have touched our lives.



Comments

  1. Cute--I like how it looks framed on the board too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! Plus such a nice keepsake of your husband's uncle!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The stockings were hung ...

Birthday Table Runner

Homecoming