Naked Couch

I've finally taken all the fabric off the couch. Luckily there really aren't as many pieces that I thought there would be so I'm hoping the construction will go pretty smoothly. There were so many staples that I think the people who constructed this couch had bets on shooting staples into the different couches that they built to see who would win. I think mine won hands down!
I started with the cushions first knowing that this would take the longest and be the hardest part. I learned from experience after doing the chairs that this was really going to be a sew. rip. repeat. process. I'm glad I planned on doing this because I didn't get as frustrated moving the pins around. I also wanted to make sure that I was going to like the color of the new couch. I purchased this fabric from a friend who's daughter works for a design house in Chicago and got it for a steal. I consider it a steal because I purchased 27 yards of fabric for $32.00! WOW! So my theory was that I could use this fabric somewhere else if I didn't love it on my couch.
I think I'm going to love it! (Notice how I even had to dress up the naked couch with a throw pillow from the chairs.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The stockings were hung ...

Birthday Table Runner

Homecoming