Valentine's Day Sidetrack

I've been seeing all these amazing towels that great bloggers have done. They've added ruffles and even appliqued on them. It was time I got out of my comfort zone and just tried it. My ruffles are only 4 inches wide and then folded in half making them 2 inches. I used whatever length of fabric I had available and hoped that I had enough to ruffle with. The lace of hearts was something extra that I didn't even know I had. I have a bag (I mean literally a Ziploc bag) full of extra notions. I was so happy when I saw the lace in the bag. To cover the edge I just place a 1/4" grosgrain ribbon on top of it and stitched it down.
You can't see the lace very well at all but it has hearts all over it. Quite Valentiney (is that a word?). Now the applique. I cheated. I've never really done applique so I just embroidered it on there. I wish I could remember where I got the applique heart because when I first got my embroidery machine I was a mean, lean, downloading queen. I downloaded so many designs that now I'm embarrassed to say I didn't right down where I got it from. If it's you, feel free to email me. Here's a close-up:

So I now have Valentine towels and can throw away these ugly, gray, put your finger through the hole towels. Enjoy Valentine's Day with the one you love!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The stockings were hung ...

Birthday Table Runner

Homecoming