Another Star Quilt Block

I've been keeping up with Faith and her great tutorials in the Solstice Stars Series. First off I'll show you my first attempt at this block. Talk about being a newbie in the quilting field because I never noticed how the fabric bunches until after I took the pictures and posted them in her flickr group - Duh! So here is my gathered up mess:


I was shocked when I looked at this picture and saw all the puckering. It looks like I was trying to ruffle my way up the seam. So in honor of the name of this blog I actually did Sew.Rip.Repeat. This time I made sure that after every seam I sewed I double checked that there wasn't any puckering.


I am so in love with these fabric choices. I get a chuckle everytime someone comments on the flickr group on my fabric choice because I actually bought it at a chain fabric store in my city. The collection is called "Sunny" from my fabric store stand-by, Joann's.

I see the next scheduled quilt block is supposed to be up today and I got called into work so it will have to wait until another day. I'm having fun and I think I'm going to do her other quilt along called "Summer Sampler Series" that she has on her blog.

Have a Great Day!

Comments

  1. OMGoodness. More wonderful fabrics. You really have a great eye for colors!!

    Excellent choices

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The stockings were hung ...

Birthday Table Runner

Homecoming